Skip to main content

Questions I Have Been Asked About Homeschooling



One thing I have learned in the last five years,when it comes to people who have never homeschooled they have lots of questions. They are naturally curious on how homeschooling works and they are not shy when it comes to asking questions. And I have always welcome the questions, no matter how many times the questions come up. I decided to list the top ten questions I get asked frequently and my answers too them.

My first question is the one that comes up in every conversation.
1.)How do you socialize your children with other children? When and how does this happen?
My answer- My children have other activities outside the home, and they socialize with both homeschoolers and Traditional schoolers. My children play with their friends everyday. My kids are also signed up in outside classes they have art,music and science with are local science center.

2.) Have your children always been homeschooled?
 My answer - Yes!!

3.) Do you set your own hours?
My answer? Yes we normally will work through the morning allowing us free time in the afternoon.

4.) Do you plan to homeschool through HighSchool?
My answer- Yes, my current plan is to homeschool through HighSchool but I can not say what are future has in store for us.

5.) How do you get the materials to teach your children?
My answer - Well there are several ways one of my main resources on getting materials is using our public library. They have a great selection of books just for homeschoolers. I also search the internet you can find lots of free resources online another method I use is are local thrift store or garage sales.

6.) Do your kids ever ask to go to public school?
My answer - My children have never asked to go to public school.

7.) If  I was to consider the options to homeschool what advice will you give me? My answer - I would say do as much research on homeschooling as you can see if it is good fit for you and your family. Maybe join a homeschool support group ask questions that can help you better understand homeschooling. And go with what your heart tells you.

8.) What are some of the benefits to homeschooling?
My answer - Well for me it is flexibility we can set are own schedule travel if we like.And they learn on the road Making field trips and exploring places,  And my children learn at their own pace.

9.) Do you homeschool all of your children?
My answer - The answer to this question simple, Yes all three of my children are homeschooled.

10.) If there is a subject you don't know how do you teach them My answer -  That is simple I will bring in a tutor if me or my children's dad have no understanding on the subject.

I have had several different questions asked over the years. But the questions above have been the most frequent. So my question to other homeschoolers is what are your most frequent asked questions that you have been asked?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Historic landmarks from Around The World

For those of you who love adventures and travel, here is a list of   National Historic landmarks  to visit on your journey. You will find links under each picture that will take you to all the Historic landmarks in that state or country. 1   The Statue of Liberty is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor in New York City, in the United States. For more Landmarks of New York check out this link here is a List of 113 National Historic land marks -   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Historic_Landmarks_in_New_York_ City   2. The Eiffel Tower is an iron lattice tower located on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France. Named after the engineer Alexandre Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower. Here is a List of tourist attraction to visit in Pairs,France. -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tourist_attractions_in_Paris 3. Monument to Minin and Pozharsky is a bronze statue on Red Square in Moscow, Russia

Fruit And Veggies Used As Art Very Fun Kids Will Love

For this summer, you can kick up notch and have some fun creating art with your raw fruits and vegetables your kids will have a great time. Tell them to make a collage on their plate create a face with the fruits and veggies of your choice. Just have fun creating with your fruits and veggies, this will be a great way to get the kids to eat there fruits are veggies while playing with them. Here is some great examples I have found enjoy and have fun creating and remember to take pics to show everybody the great time you had creating your art and sculptors.  You can find this cool guy on this blog,  http://girlydesignblog.com/2014/05/08/cute-art-made-from-fruit/ she has great ideas that are made of  fruit sculptors the kids will love to try design This is cute and looks simple found on this  blog  http://bogdanasblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/cu-chef-de-viata.html Here is a fun and easy veggie project the kids will have fun making I found this one on this link  http://thedeco

Plant Experiments Your Kids Will Love To Try

This is for all you  parents and kids who are indoors and love to do plant experiments this will be perfect for you to  try at home .I wanted to round up  some of the projects that me and my children have worked on and had fun with my kids love working with plants they enjoy all their is to know about plant and their  life cycles. 1 .DIY Own Glow Flowers  http://www.funathomewithkids.com/2013/08/flower-science-experiment-for-kids-diy.html  This was a fun and exciting project the kids had so much fun with watching the flowers glow. 2. Balloon Green House   http://www.education.com/activity/article/balloon-greenhouse/  This will be a fun project for the little ones to learn how green house work. 3. Color Flower Changing Experiment  http://paintcutpaste.com/color-changing-carnations/ This will teach your children how water travel threw different parts of the flower as you can see visually beautiful and fun to learn.